- Court: Doctors Can’t Be Charged for Marijuana Referrals November 23, 2014
- TEDGlobal 2014: Drug War Has to End November 22, 2014
- AZ Medical Marijuana Patients Being Unfairly Treated in DUI Cases November 20, 2014
How to Make Marijuana Brownies
Make some truly awesome brownies. Give these to your friends and they will beg for the recipe. Don’t tell them it is gluten free until after they have started drooling. This recipe makes about 16 servings.
• 1/2 cup whole almonds*
• 1/3 cup brown rice flour
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 6 tablespoons unsalted , cut into chunks
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees with a rack in the lower third of the oven. Line an 8×8-inch metal baking pan across the bottom and up two opposite sides with parchment paper.
2. If using whole almonds, add them to a food process with the rice flour and pulse until the nuts are finely ground. If using almond flour, mix it with the rice flour. Set aside.
3. Place the chocolate, butter and salt in the top of a large double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Add the almond and rice flour mixture and stir until moistened, and then mix briskly about 40 strokes. Stir in the walnuts or pecans if using.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are slightly puffed all over and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean. Cool the pan on a rack. Run a knife along the unlined sides of the pan to detach the brownies. Lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove the brownies. Cut into squares.
• *Substitution: You can use 2/3 cup almond flour in place of the 1/2 cup whole almonds