How to Get Approved for a Marijuana Card in Arizona
In order to get a Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona, there are a few basic steps to follow to become a medical marijuana patient and obtain a medical marijuana card in Arizona. Listed below is a simple step-by-step guide for helping prospective medical marijuana patients get a medical marijuana card in Arizona:
Step 1: Do you qualify for medical marijuana in Arizona?
- 18 years or older (or have your legal guardian registered as your caregiver)
- Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License or Arizona Identification Card
- Must have an Arizona residential address
- Must have a minimum of one qualifying condition listed below:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and ;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
- Must have your medical records for at least the previous 12 months. Furthermore, those medical records must include the diagnosis of your qualifying medical condition.
- If you believe you qualify for medical marijuana in Arizona, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Find a doctor
- Use AZmarijuana.com to find Medical Marijuana Doctors in Arizona. Visit http://azmarijuana.com/doctors/ to learn more.
- Contact and schedule an appointment with doctor.
- If at your appointment the doctor approves you for a medical marijuana card, you will receive a completed Physician Certification Form from the doctor.
- If you obtain a signed Physician Certification Form from the doctor, proceed to Step 3
Step 3: Submit your application for a medical marijuana card.
- Submit your Physician Certification Form and the other required documents to the Arizona Department of Health Services website. (Ask your doctor office if they will assist you with submitting your application and documents to the ADHS website
- Once submitted, wait (usually less than one week) for your medical marijuana card to arrive in the mail. Check your medical marijuana application status online at the ADHS’s website.
That’s it! You should receive your medical marijuana card in the mail within a week or two.
How do I get medical marijuana in Arizona???
Marijuana patients in Arizona can get marijuana from a number of different places:
- MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES: Arizona allows for marijuana to sell medicine to Arizona patients. All open, licensed marijuana dispensaries can be found on the Dispensary Map.
- CAREGIVERS: The marijuana law in Arizona also allows patients to use a caregiver to grow and supply the patient with medical marijuana. There are many places to find a caregiver in Arizona, such as the Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Caregivers Association, in the AZmarijuana.com Marijuana Forum, or in the AZmarijuana.com Marijuana Classifieds.
- DELIVERY SERVICES AND OTHER PATIENTS: Patients are allowed to obtain medical marijuana for other patients. Some patients who have extra medicine are even willing to deliver medicine to other patients. You can find a list of them in our AZmarijuana.com Marijuana Delivery Services directory or in our marijuana classified ads.
GROW MARIJUANA: As a marijuana patient in Arizona, you have the option to grow your own marijuana. Each patient can grow up to 12 plants for themself, or have a caregiver grow the 12 plants for them.
Browse or post in our FREE marijuana classifieds, find all Arizona dispensaries on the Dispensary Map, find the best marijuana events, talk about medical marijuana in the forum, or find marijuana product reviews on bongs, pipes, grinders, vaporizers, and more! Also, you can follow us on our Facebook page.
DISCLAIMER: AZmarijuana.com is a portal of information for patients, caregivers, doctors, dispensaries, activists, growers and others who are involved in the medical marijuana movement of Arizona. As a portal, AZmarijuana.com serves as a gateway for information to those that need information as it relates to the Arizona Medical Arizona Department of Health Services.of 2010. AZmarijuana.com is not associated with the state of Arizona or the Arizona Department of Health. Do not try to send us your information or applications as we are not involved in the medical marijuana approval process, we are just a local Medical Marijuana website helping you get the information you need. We only offer information, use with your best judgement. AZmarijuana.com is not responsible for the accuracy or inaccuracy of information or misuse of information posted on AZmarijuana.com. For more information and laws about Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Act visit the