BDS Analytics just added Arizona to their data tracking of the U.S. marijuana industry. Their analytics primarily track dispensary sales for such things as product types, quantities, and prices.
With over 170,000 registered medical marijuana patients and $450 million in sales in 2017, Arizona’s medical marijuana market is one of the strongest in the country and growing steadily, including an 84% increase in sales for Q1 2018 year-over-year, up to $159.8 million, BDS Analytics reported.
Their data for 2018 reveals:
- Sales at medical dispensaries in Arizona were $56 million in May 2018, a decrease of less than 1% from April. However, sales increased by 72% from the previous May.
- Loose flower/bud contributed 46% of sales revenue for the month with $25.5 million in sales (largest category).
- Vape products commanded $15.2 million in May sales, a 74% share of the Arizona concentrates market, and 27% share of all sales.
- At $6 million, sales of edibles contributed 11% of total cannabis sales in May. (A 3% increase in sales for the category from April.)
- Unlike most other states, sales of infused foods, which include brownies and cookies, surpassed chocolates. Infused foods earned 3x the revenue of chocolates.
View all Arizona dispensaries