Get a Medical Marijuana Patient Card in Arizona
🌿 Learn how to get a medical marijuana card in Arizona by following the 3 simple steps below. A medical marijuana card is sometimes referred to as a “green card” or “license.”
Obtain an Arizona Medical Cannabis Card
How much does a medical marijuana card cost? There are two fees:
– The state charges $150 for a card (which is valid for 2 years). It’s only $75 if on SNAP (food stamps).
– Doctors charge approx $75-$150 for an appointment where you get your qualifying condition (listed below) approved for medical marijuana use. A doctor appointment is needed every time you get a card (whether the card is new or being renewed).
Step 1: Do you qualify for medical marijuana in Arizona?
To get a medical marijuana card in Arizona you must meet these qualifying conditions:
– Must be 18 years or older (if under 18, you must have a legal guardian register as your caregiver)
– Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License or Arizona Identification Card
– Must have an Arizona residential address
– Must have at least one of the qualifying conditions listed below:
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Chronic pain (arthritis, migraines, etc)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Severe nausea
- Seizures, including those from epilepsy
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
– Proceed to Step 2 if you think you qualify. If you’re not sure, contact a medical marijuana doctor
Step 2: Find Arizona marijuana doctors
– Choose a medical marijuana doctor in Arizona and schedule an appointment.
– If the doctor approves you for a medical marijuana card at the appointment, they will submit the required documents to the Dept. of Health Services for you, in which case, you’ve completed the process and your Arizona medical marijuana card will be mailed to you within 10 business days.
– If they do not submit the required documents for you, then get a signed Physician Certification Form from the doctor and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Submit application for a medical marijuana card
– If your doctor doesn’t submit your Physician Certification Form and the other required documents to the Dept. of Health Services’ website for you, then you must do it here.
– Once submitted, you will receive an email with your digital medical marijuana card. You can check its status on the ADHS’s website here.
That’s it! Congratulations! Now what?… Now you need to find where to legally obtain medical marijuana in Arizona.
How to Legally Obtain Marijuana in Arizona
– Dispensaries: All state-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries can be found on our Arizona dispensaries map.
– Patients: Medical marijuana patients are allowed to donate (cannot sell) medical marijuana to other patients.
– Cultivation: As a marijuana patient in Arizona, you have the option to grow your own marijuana if you reside 25 miles away from a dispensary. Each patient can grow up to 12 plants for themselves, or have a caregiver grow for them. Click here to see if you live within 25 miles of a dispensary.
CARD RENEWAL OR LOST A CARD
Read the article: “Learn about Marijuana”
Read the article: “Health Benefits of Marijuana”
Find marijuana events
View marijuana videos