- AZ Has Record-Breaking Number of Open Dispensaries April 15, 2014
- Marijuana Stocks Are Booming April 15, 2014
- Marijuana Business Financial Advisors April 14, 2014
Get an Arizona Medical Marijuana Card
In order to get a Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona, there are a few basic steps to follow to become a medical marijuana patient and obtain a medical marijuana card in Arizona. Listed below is a simple step-by-step guide for helping prospective medical marijuana patients get a medical marijuana card in Arizona:
Step 1: Do you qualify for medical marijuana in Arizona?
- 18 years or older (or have your legal guardian registered as your caregiver)
- Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License or Arizona Identification Card
- Must have an Arizona residential address
- Must have a minimum of one qualifying condition listed below:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and chronic pain;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
- Must have your medical records for at least the previous 12 months. Furthermore, those medical records must include the diagnosis of your qualifying medical condition.
- If you believe you qualify for medical marijuana in Arizona, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Find a doctor
- Use AZmarijuana.com to find Medical Marijuana Doctors in Arizona.
- Contact and schedule an appointment with doctor.
- If at your appointment the doctor approves you for a medical marijuana card, you will receive a completed Physician Certification Form from the doctor. (Most doctor offices will assist you with submitting your documents to the ADHS.)
- If you obtain a signed Physician Certification Form from the doctor, proceed to Step 3
Step 3: Submit your application for a medical marijuana card.
- Submit your Physician Certification Form and the other required documents to the Arizona Department of Health Services website. (Most doctor offices will assist you with submitting your application and documents to the ADHS website.)
- Once submitted, wait (usually less than one week) for your medical marijuana card to arrive in the mail. And double check your medical marijuana application status online at the ADHS’s website.
That’s it! Congratulations!
NOW WHAT?!?!…. Now you need to find where to legally purchase medical marijuana in Arizona.
How do I get medical marijuana in Arizona?
Marijuana patients in Arizona can get marijuana from a number of different places:
- CAREGIVERS: The marijuana in Arizona also allows patients to use a caregiver to grow and supply the patient with medical marijuana. There are many places to find a caregiver in Arizona, such as the Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Caregivers Association, in the AZmarijuana.com Marijuana Forum, or in the AZmarijuana.com Marijuana Classifieds.
- DELIVERY SERVICES AND OTHER PATIENTS: Patients are allowed to obtain medical marijuana for other patients. Some patients who have extra medicine are even willing to deliver medicine to other patients. You can find a list of them in our AZmarijuana.com Marijuana Delivery Services directory or in our marijuana classified ads.
GROW MARIJUANA: As a marijuana patient in Arizona, you have the option to grow your own marijuana. Each patient can grow up to 12 plants for themself, or have a caregiver grow the 12 plants for them.
Read the article: “Health Benefits of Marijuana”
Read the article: “Learn about Marijuana”
View all Arizona dispensaries on the Dispensary Map.
Browse or post marijuana-related products or services in our Marijuana Classifieds.
Have discussions or meet Arizona marijuana advocates and businesses in our Marijuana Forum.
See our Reviews for marijuana products and marijuana strain reviews from Arizona dispensaries.
Find the best Arizona medical marijuana doctors.
Learn how to: Get Your AZ Marijuana Card Renewal
Read the article “Health Benefits of Marijuana” and learn more about CBD and THC.
View more infographics.